- 1 1/4 cup Bonta Couscous
- 2 cups Preferisco Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Eggplant, Cut crosswise into slices
- 1 Zucchini, Cut crosswise into slices
- 7 tbsp Preferisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tbsp Mediterranean Gourmet Lemon Juice
- 1 Red or Green Chilli Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh flat leaf parsley, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 6 wedges Lemon
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- Salt & Pepper
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add couscous, cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Dump couscous onto a paper towel –lined baking sheet. Spread the couscous out and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut each bell pepper and the chilli pepper in half lengthwise, removing the seeds and the ribs. Place bells peppers and chilli peppers cut side up on a hot grill and grill until skins are blackened and blistered. Remove from the grill and cover loosely with foil. Once cool, peel off the skins. Cut bell peppers into one inch squares and mince the chilli pepper. Add to the couscous.
- Brush the eggplant and zucchini slices with olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown. Add to the couscous along with the tomatoes, parsley, and cilantro.
- In a bowl, mix together five tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pour over the couscous and gently combine. Transfer to a large serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges and serve.