- 3 cups Spagnia Manchego Cheese, Grated
- 2 tbsp Preferisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Preferisco Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 Large Flour Tortillas
- 2 1/2 tbsp Italissima Mediterranean Olive Tapenade
- 1 Large head of Radicchio
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, Minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, and a pinch of each salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- Quarter the radicchio and cut into wedges. Gently swirl in a bowl of water and drain in a colander. Brush sides of each wedge with some of the oil mixture. Arrange on a broiler pan and place about five inches below the heat source. Cook, watching closely, until slightly charred, about 3 ½ to five minutes. Baste the wedges with more of the oil mixture, turn and cook for another two-four minutes until they become a deep brown color, crisp yet tender inside.
- hinly cut the radicchio crosswise. Place a dry griddle over medium-high heat and brush with some butter. Spread one side of the tortilla with one-third of the tapenade. Place on the griddle, tapenade side up. Sprinkle one-third of the grated cheese. Make sure to leave a ¼ inch border around the outside of the tortilla. Top with one-third of the radicchio and thyme and a generous amount of pepper. Top with another tortilla and brush with more butter. Press down with a spatula and cook until the cheese begins to melt until the other side is golden brown, about three-five minutes. Flip and cook on other side for another two minutes. Transfer to a 200˚F oven to keep warm while you make the other tortillas. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges and serve.