- 500 grams Preferisco Rigatoni
- 3 fillets Bonta Anchovies in Olive Oil, Drained and Diced
- 880 grams Preferisco Natural Artichokes Quartered
- 750 grams Italissima Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Preferisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 6 litres Water
- 3/4 cup Italissima Parmigiano Reggiano, Grated
- Salt & Pepper
- In a medium frying pan, melt oil and butter over medium heat. Reduce the heat, add the onions and sauté until the onions are translucent, about eight minutes. Add the anchovies and garlic and cook for another two minutes. Add the wine and increase heat to a medium-high and simmer until the wine reduces by half. Stir in tomatoes, reduce heat, and simmer for another five minutes. Add artichokes and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and keep warm.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt and rigatoni and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, topping off each bowl with the anchovy and artichoke mixture, sprinkled with Parmigiano Reggiano. Optional: add some crispy smoked bacon bits! Serve hot.