- 2 pieces Italissima Natural Artichokes Whole, Drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup Bonta Fava Beans
- 1 Fresh Italian Sausage, casing removed and meat crumbled
- 3 oz Ground lean Veal or Beef
- 1/2 cup Italissima Green Asparagus Spears, Diced
- 3 tbsp Preferisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 White Onions, Thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Shelled English Peas
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 slices Coarse country Bread, Cut into ½ inch thick cubes
- 1/4 cup Preferisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- In a large saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage meat and cook until it starts to release its juices. Add the onion and the ground meat and sauté for four minutes. Add the artichokes, fava beans, peas, asparagus, and stir well. Pour in the broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until the favours have blended, about half an hour. Skim off any froth that may develop on the surface. Halfway through cooking season with salt.
- To make the croutons, heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until it turns a golden color, about two minutes. Remove and discard the garlic. Add the bread cubes and stir until golden color on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the croutons onto paper towels to drain off excess oil. Sprinkle with parsley while croutons are still warm. Ladle soup into soup bowls, garnishing with croutons and serve.